The 2020 Sundance Film Festival has come and gone but a number of films left their impression on me by the time that the film festival ended.
The altitude hit me a bit more than expected this year. As such, I didn’t get to see as many films as I would have preferred to see. There were times this year that required sleeping in if it meant staying as healthy as I possibly could during the fest. That’s just the way it it sometimes. I’ll try and catch some of the films I missed during SXSW or upon theatrical release–whichever comes first! Taking this year’s Critics’ Choice Awards into account, I didn’t have as much time to prep like I did during the past two years. But without any further adieu, I present the Solzy Awards for the 2020 Sundance Film Festival.
TOP NARRATIVE FEATURES
- Disclosure: Trans Lives On Screen
- Miss Americana
- Crip Camp
- Siempre, Luis
- Natalie Wood: What Remains Behind
- The Go-Go’s
TOP SHORT FILMS*
- He’s The One
* denotes that I didn’t have a chance to watch any of the documentary shorts heading into Sundance nor did I get time to view screeners upon coming back from Sundance.
BEST ACTING PERFORMANCES
- Michael Keaton, Worth
- John Reynolds, Save Yourselves!
- Lance Henriksen, Falling
- Andy Samberg, Palm Springs
- Richard Jenkins, The Last Shift
- Shane Paul McGhie, The Last Shift
- Kyle Gallner, Dinner in America
- Elisabeth Moss, Shirley
- Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman
- Sidney Flanigan, Never Rarely Sometimes Always
- Evan Rachel Wood, Kajillionaire
- Alison Brie, Horse Girl
- Cristin Miloti, Palm Springs
- Aubrey Plaza, Black Bear
- Emily Skeggs, Dinner in America
- Sunita Mani, Save Yourselves!
Best Supporting Actor
- Stanley Tucci, Worth
Best Supporting Actress
- Amy Ryan, Worth