At a Comic Con panel on Thursday, Ivan Reitman announced that a new Ghostbusters movie is coming in 2019. This announcement comes over a month after Dan Aykroyd said last month that Sony lost too much money with the all-female reboot and a sequel would be unlikely as a result. The Ghostbusters panel, titled Ghostbusters 101: A Ghostbusters Panel of Biblical Proportions!, featured Reitman alongside IDW’s Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening, and Tom Waltz. The Ghostbusters:…"Comic Con: New Ghostbusters film coming in 2019"
Dan Aykroyd broke the news on Sunday morning that there will not be a sequel to the Ghostbusters reboot. Aykroyd made the announcement during an appearance on Sunday Brunch on Britain’s Channel 4. Aykroyd was careful not to mention director Paul Feig’s name. “The director, he spent too much on it and he didn’t shoot scenes we suggested to him, Aykroyd said. “Several scenes that were going to be needed, he said, ‘No, we don’t…"Ghostbusters: No Reboot Sequel per Dan Aykroyd, Paul Feig blasted"