Netflix has unveiled their 2021 film slate as of January 11 and the streamer is aiming big by releasing at a new movie every week.
TITLES BY GENRES
- Army of the Dead
- Outside the Wire (January 15)
- Red Notice
- Sweet Girl
- Fear Street Trilogy
- No One Gets Out Alive
- There’s Someone Inside Your House
- Things Heard and Seen
- Blood Red Sky
- Escape from Spiderhead
- Night Teeth
- The Swarm
- The Woman in the Window
- A Castle For Christmas
- Fuimos Canciones
- Kissing Booth 3
- Love Hard
- The Last Letter from Your Lover
- The Princess Switch 3
- To All The Boys: Always and Forever
- Untitled Alicia Keys Rom-Com
- Bombay Rose
- Concrete Cowboy
- Fever Dream
- Malcolm & Marie (February 5)
- Penguin Bloom (January 27)
- Pieces of a Woman (January 7)
- The Dig (January 29)
- The Guilty
- The Hand of God
- The Power of the Dog
- The Starling
- The White Tiger (January 22)
- Unt. Alexandre Moratto Film
- Unt. Graham King
- The Harder They Fall
- 8 Rue de l’Humanité
- Afterlife of the Party
- Bad Trip
- Don’t Look Up
- Double Dad
- I Care A Lot (February 19)
- Moxie (March 3)
- The Last Mercenary
- Thunder Force
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
- A Boy Called Christmas
- A Winter’s Tale from Shaun the Sheep
- Back to the Outback
- Finding ‘Ohana (January 29)
- Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Robin Robin
- Skater Girl
- The Loud House Movie
- Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans
- Wish Dragon
- YES DAY (March 12)
- A Week Away
- tick, tick…BOOM
Netflix 2021 Film Slate (A-Z)
8 RUE DE L’HUMANITÉ
- Director: Dany Boon
- Writers: Dany Boon, Laurence Arné
- Producers: Ardavan Safaee, Dany Boon, Patrick Quinet
- Cast: Dany Boon, François Damiens, Laurence Arné, Yvan Attal, Jorge Calvo, Alison Wheeler, Tom Leeb, Liliane Rovère, Nawell Madani, Elie Semoun
Seven families live in the Parisian apartment building at 8, Rue de l’Humanite – and they didn’t escape to the countryside at the arrival of the coronavirus. Three months of life under lockdown will reveal the best and worst of these neighbours.
A BOY CALLED CHRISTMAS
- Director: Gil Kenan
- Writer: Ol Parker, Gil Kenan, based on A Boy Called Christmas by Matt Haig
- Producers: Graham Broadbent, Pete Czernin
- Cast: Henry Lawfull, Toby Jones, Sally Hawkins, Kristen Wiig, Michiel Huisman, Zoe Colletti, Stephen Merchant, Joel Fry, Rune Temte, Jim Broadbent, Maggie Smith
An ordinary young boy called Nikolas sets out on an extraordinary adventure into the snowy north in search of his father who is on a quest to discover the fabled village of the elves, Elfhelm. Taking with him a headstrong reindeer called Blitzen and a loyal pet mouse, Nikolas soon meets his destiny in this magical, comic and endearing story that proves nothing is impossible.
A CASTLE FOR CHRISTMAS
- Director: Mary Lambert
- Writers: Ally Carter, Kim Beyer-Johnson, Neal Dobrofsky, Tippi Dobrofsky
- Producer: Brad Krevoy
- Cast: Brooke Shields, Cary Elwes
Famed American author, Sophie, travels to Scotland and finds herself wanting to buy a castle, but the prickly owner, Myles (A Scottish Duke), is reluctant to sell to a foreigner. Working to find a compromise, the pair constantly butt heads, but along the way they just may find more than they bargained for.
AFTERLIFE OF THE PARTY
- Director: Stephen Herek
- Writer: Carrie Freedle
- Producers: Robyn Snyder, Deborah Evans
- Cast: Victoria Justice, Midori Francis, Spencer Sutherland
A social butterfly (Justice) experiences the biggest party foul of all… dying during her birthday week. To her surprise, she’s given a second chance to right her wrongs on Earth by reconnecting with loved ones, and most importantly, prove that she’s worthy enough to get into the big VIP room in the sky.
ARMY OF THE DEAD
- Director: Zack Snyder
- Writers: Zack Snyder, Shay Hatten, Joby Harold based on a story by Zack Snyder
- Producers: Deborah Snyder, Wesley Coller, Zack Snyder
- Cast: Dave Bautista, Ella Purnell, Omari Hardwick, Ana De La Reguera, Theo Rossi, Matthias Schweighöfer, Nora Arnezeder, Hiroyuki Sanada, and Garret Dillahunt, Tig Notaro, Raúl Castillo, Huma Qureshi, Samantha Win, Richard Cetrone, Michael Cassidy
Following a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a group of mercenaries take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantine zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.
- Director: Mark Raso
- Writers: Greg Poirier, Joseph Raso, Mark Raso
- Producer: Paul Schiff
- Cast: Gina Rodriguez, Ariana Greenblatt, Frances Fisher, Shamier Anderson, Finn Jones, Lucius Hoyos, Gil Bellows, Barry Pepper, Jennifer Jason Leigh
After a sudden global event wipes out all electronics and takes away humankind’s ability to sleep, chaos quickly begins to consume the world. Only Jill, an ex-soldier with a troubled past, may hold the key to a cure in the form of her own daughter. The question is, can Jill safely deliver her daughter and save the world before she herself loses her mind.
A WEEK AWAY
- Director: Roman White
- Writers: Kali Bailey, Alan Powell
- Producers: Steve Barnett, Alan Powell, Gabe Vasquez
- Cast: Bailee Madison, Kevin Quinn, Sherri Shepherd, David Koechner, Jahbril Cook, Kat Conner Sterling, Iain Tucker
Troubled teen Will Hawkins (Quinn) has a run-in with the law that puts him at an important crossroad: go to juvenile detention or attend a Christian summer camp. At first a fish-out-of-water, Will opens his heart, discovers love with a camp regular (Madison), and sense of belonging in the last place he expected to find it.
A WINTER’S TALE FROM SHAUN THE SHEEP
- Director: Steve Cox
- Writer: Giles Pilbrow, based on a story by Giles Pilbrow, Mark Burton
- Producer: Richard Beek
In this 30-minute special from Aardman, the world’s favourite sheep stars in his very own winter’s tale. Shaun’s seasonal excitement turns to dismay when a farmhouse raid to get bigger stockings for the Flock inadvertently leads to Timmy going missing. Can Shaun get Timmy back before he becomes someone else’s present? Prepare for a ‘Santastic’ adventure as everyone learns the true value of Christmas!
BACK TO THE OUTBACK
- Directors: Clare Knight, Harry Cripps
- Writer: Harry Cripps
- Producer: Daniela Mazzucato
- Voice Cast: Isla Fisher, Tim Minchin, Eric Bana, Guy Pearce, Miranda Tapsell, Angus Imrie, Rachel House, Keith Urban, Celeste Barber, Wayne Knight, Aislinn Derbez, Diesel Cash La Torraca, Lachlan Ross Power, Jacki Weaver
Tired of being locked in a reptile house where humans gawk at them like they’re monsters, a ragtag group of Australia’s deadliest creatures plot a daring escape from their zoo to the Outback, a place where they’ll fit in without being judged for their scales and fangs. Leading the group is Maddie (Isla Fisher), a poisonous snake with a heart of gold, who bands together with a self-assured Thorny Devil lizard Zoe (Miranda Tapsell), a lovelorn hairy spider Frank (Guy Pearce), and a sensitive scorpion Nigel (Angus Imrie). But when their nemesis — Pretty Boy (Tim Minchin), a cute but obnoxious koala — unexpectedly joins their escape, Maddie and the gang have no choice but to take him with them. So begins a hair-raising and hilarious road trip across Australia, as they are pursued by a zookeeper Chaz (Eric Bana) and his adventure-seeking mini-me (Diesel Cash La Torraca). Directed by Clare Knight and Harry Cripps, and also featuring the voices of Rachel House, Keith Urban, Celeste Barber, Wayne Knight, Lachlan Ross Power, and Jacki Weaver, BACK TO THE OUTBACK is an animated adventure that proves just because something’s different, doesn’t mean it isn’t beautiful.
- Director: Kitao Sakurai
- Writers: Eric André, Kitao Sakurai, Dan Curry
- Producers: Eric André, Jeff Tremaine, David Bernard, Ruben Fleischer
- Cast: Eric André, Lil Rel Howery, Tiffany Haddish, Michaela Conlin
From the producer of Jackass and Bad Grandpa, this hidden camera comedy follows two best friends as they go on a cross-country road trip full of hilarious, inventive pranks, pulling its real-life audience into the mayhem. Bad Trip stars Eric André, Lil Rel Howery, Tiffany Haddish and Michaela Conlin. The film is directed by Kitao Sakurai from the minds of Dan Curry, Kitao Sakurai, and André – and produced by André, Jeff Tremaine, David Bernad, and Ruben Fleischer.
- Director: Andrew Dosunmu
- Writer: Lena Waithe
- Producers: Lena Waithe, Michael Ellenberg, Rishi Rajani
- Cast: Niecy Nash, Aleyse Shannon, Giancarlo Esposito, Gracie Marie Bradley, Kyle Bary, Michael Ward and Sharon Stone
A gifted young Black woman struggles to maintain her voice and identity after she’s offered a lucrative recording contract, setting off a fierce battle between her family, the label, and her closest friend to determine who will guide her as she makes the journey to become a star.
- Director: Ferdinando Cito Filomarino
- Writer: Kevin Rice
- Producers: Luca Guadagnino, Marco Morabito, Francesco Melzi d’Eril, Gabriele Moratti
- Cast: John David Washington, Alicia Vikander, Boyd Holbrook, Vicky Krieps
A vacationing couple fall trap to a violent conspiracy with tragic consequences.
- Director: Andrew Dominik
- Writer: Andrew Dominik
- Producers: Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, Tracey Landon, Scott Robertson
- Cast: Ana de Armas, Adrien Brody, Bobby Cannavale, Julianne Nicholson, Lily Fisher, Evan Williams, Xavier Samuel, Caspar Phillipson, Toby Huss, Sara Paxton, David Warshofksy, Chris Lemmon, Dan Butler, Garret Dillahunt, Lucy DeVito, Michael Masini, Ned Bellamy, Rebecca Wisocky, Scoot McNairy, Spencer Garrett
Based on a bestselling novel from five-time Pulitzer Prize finalist Joyce Carol Oates, BLONDE is the boldly reimagined private story of the world’s most famous sex symbol, Marilyn Monroe. The film is a fictional portrait of the model, actress and singer during the 50s and 60s, told through the modern lens of celebrity culture.
BLOOD RED SKY
- Director: Peter Thorwarth
- Writers: Peter Thorwarth, Stefan Holtz
- Producer: Christian Becker
- Cast: Peri Baumeister, Kais Setti, Alexander Scheer, Dominic Purcell
A woman with a mysterious illness is forced into action when a group of terrorists attempt to hijack a transatlantic overnight flight. In order to protect her son she will have to reveal a dark secret, and unleash the inner monster she has fought to hide.
- Director: Gitanjali Rao
- Writer: Gitanjali Rao
- Producers: Rohit Khattar, Anand Mahindra
- Voice Cast: Arannya Kaur, Mohit Sinha, Mannanya Pandey, Samay Thakkar, Maninee De, Shishir Sharma, Ravi Rajesh, Madhavi Ashtekar
Escaping from child marriage, a young club dancer living in the streets of Bombay, must choose between fending for her family and finding love with a boy orphaned by the militancy. Painted frame by frame and woven delicately through music, a red rose brings together three tales of impossible loves. Love between a Hindu girl and a Muslim boy. Love between two women. Love of an entire city for its Bollywood stars. Based on true events, the film explores the ruthlessness of a society where the love and life that reigns on the big screen can crush you in its mean streets
- Director: Halle Berry
- Writer: Michelle Rosenfarb
- Producers: Basil Iwanyk, Brad Feinstein, Guymon Casady, Erica Lee, Paris
- Kassidokostas-Latsis, Terry Dougas, Linda Gottlieb, Gillian Hormel
- Cast: Halle Berry, Adan Canto, Sheila Atim, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Shamier Anderson
Halle Berry’s directorial debut follows a former MMA fighter struggling to regain custody of her son and restart her athletic career.
- Director: Ricky Staub
- Writers: Ricky Staub, Dan Walser, based on Ghetto Cowboy by G. Neri
- Producers: Tucker Tooley, Lee Daniels, Idris Elba, Dan Walser, Jeff Waxman, Jennifer Madeloff
- Cast: Idris Elba, Caleb McLaughlin, Jharrel Jerome, Byron Bowers, Lorraine Toussaint, Clifford “Method Man” Smith
While spending the summer in North Philadelphia, a troubled teen is caught between a life of crime and his estranged father’s vibrant urban-cowboy subculture.
DON’T LOOK UP
- Director: Adam McKay
- Writer: Adam McKay
- Producers: Adam McKay, Kevin Messick
- Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Rob Morgan, Jonah Hill, Tyler Perry, Timothee Chalamet, Ron Perlman with Cate Blanchett and Meryl Streep.
- Additional cast includes Ariana, Kid Cudi, Melanie Lynskey, Himesh Patel, Matthew Perry and Tomer Sisley.
Don’t Look Up tells the story of two low-level astronomers, who must go on a giant media tour to warn mankind of an approaching comet that will destroy planet earth.
- Director: Cris D’Amato
- Writer: Thalita Rebouças
- Producers: Cecilia Grosso, Samanta Moraes
- Cast: Maisa, Eduardo Moscovis, Marcelo Médici, Pedro Ottoni, Thaynara OG, Laila Zaid, Fafá de Belém
Vicenza is a mature 18 year old who has lived in a hippie commune for her entire life in complete harmony, except for one thing: she doesn’t know who her father is. When her mother leaves for a trip to India, she takes it as her opportunity to sneak out into the real world in hopes to track down her father – but ends up finding two!
ESCAPE FROM SPIDERHEAD
- Director: Joseph Kosinski
- Writers: Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick, based on George Saunders’ short story
- Producers: Eric Newman, Chris Hemsworth, Oren Katzeff, Geneva Wasserman, Rhett
- Reese, Paul Wernick, Tommy Harper, Jeremy Steckler
- Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Miles Teller, Jurnee Smollett, Mark Paguio, Tess Haubrich
In the near future, two young convicts grapple with their pasts in a facility run by a brilliant visionary, who experiments on inmates with emotion-altering drugs.
FEAR STREET TRILOGY:
FEAR STREET: 1994
- Director: Leigh Janiak
- Writers: Leigh Janiak, Phil Graziadei
- Producers: Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping, David Ready
- Cast: Kiana Madeira, Olivia Welch, Benjamin Flores Jr., Julia Rehwald, Fred Hechinger, Ashley Zukerman, Maya Hawke, Darrell Britt-Gibson, Jordana Spiro, Jordyn DiNatale
FEAR STREET: 1978
- Director: Leigh Janiak
- Writers: Leigh Janiak, Zak Olkewicz
- Producers: Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping, David Ready
- Cast: Sadie Sink, Emily Rudd, Ryan Simpkins, McCabe Slye, Ted Sutherland, Gillian Jacobs, Kiana Madeira, Jordana Spiro, Chiara Aurelia, Jordyn DiNatale
FEAR STREET: 1666
- Director: Leigh Janiak
- Writers: Kate Trefry
- Producers: Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping, David Ready
- Cast: Kiana Madeira, Ashley Zukerman, Gillian Jacobs, Olivia Welch, Benjamin Flores Jr., Darrell Britt-Gibson, Fred Hechinger, Sadie Sink, Emily Rudd, McCabe Slye, Jordana Spiro, Jordyn DiNatale
In 1994, a group of teenagers discovers that the terrifying events that have haunted their town for generations may all be connected — and that they may be the next targets. Adapted from R.L. Stine’s best selling horror series, the trilogy follows the nightmare through Shadyside’s sinister history.
FEVER DREAM (DISTANCIA DE RESCATE)
- Director: Claudia Llosa
- Writer: Claudia Llosa, Samanta Schweblin
- Producer: Claudia Llosa, Mark Johnson, Tom Williams
- Cast: María Valverde, Dolores Fonzi, Germán Palacios, Guillermo Pfening, Emilio Vodanovich, Guillermina Sorribes, Marcelo Michinaux, Cristina Banegas
A woman named Amanda lies stricken, far from home. A young boy named David questions her, trying to make her remember. She’s not his mother, he’s not her son. As her time is running out, he helps her unravel a powerful, haunting story of obsessive jealousy, an invisible danger, and the power of a mother’s love for her child.
FINDING ‘OHANA (January 29)
- Director: Jude Weng
- Writer: Christina Strain
- Producer: Ian Bryce
- Cast: Kea Peahu, Alex Aiono, Lindsay Watson, Owen Vaccaro, with Kelly Hu and Branscombe Richmond, Ke Huy Quan, Brad Kalilimoku, Chris Parnell, Marc Evan Jackson, Ricky Garcia
A summer in rural Oahu takes an exciting turn for two Brooklyn-raised siblings when a journal pointing to long-lost treasure sets them on an epic adventure with new friends, and leads them to reconnect with their Hawaiian heritage.
- Director: Juana Macías
- Writer: Laura Sarmiento
- Producer: Zeta Studios
- Cast: María Valverde, Álex González, Susana Abaitúa, Eva Ugarte, Miri Pérez-Cabrero
Based on the best-selling two-part series by Elísabet Benavent, FUIMOS CANCIONES, tells the story of Maca who has finally got her act together. Well, just about. But when Leo, the man who smashed her heart to pieces reappears, she’ll need all the advice she can get from her best friends, Adriana and Jime. If only their love lives were less complicated…
I CARE A LOT (February 19)
- Director: J Blakeson
- Writer: J Blakeson
- Producers: Teddy Schwarzman, Michael Heimler, J Blakeson
- Cast: Rosamund Pike, Eiza Gonzalez, Dianne Wiest, Peter Dinklage, Chris Messina, Isaiah Whitlock Jr.
A crooked legal guardian who drains the savings of her elderly wards meets her match when a woman she tries to swindle turns out to be more than she first appears.
- Director: Adam Salky
- Writer: Chris Sparling
- Producers: Kyle Benn, Josh Weinstock, Alexandra Milchan, Matthew Myers, Russell Hollander, Chris Sparling
- Cast: Freida Pinto, Logan Marshall-Green
When a husband and wife move to a small town, a home invasion leaves the wife traumatized and suspicious that those around her might not be who they seem.
- Director: Cedric Nicolas-Troyan
- Writer: Umair Aleem
- Producers: Bryan Unkeless, Kelly McCormick, Patrick Newall
- Cast: Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Woody Harrelson
After she’s irreversibly poisoned, a ruthless criminal operative has less than 24 hours to exact revenge on her enemies and in the process forms an unexpected bond with the daughter of one of her past victims.
- Director: Hernán Jiménez
- Writers: Danny Mackey, Rebecca Ewing
- Producers: McG, Mary Viola
- Cast: Nina Dobrev, Jimmy O. Yang, Darren Barnet, James Saito, Harry Shum Jr., Mikaela Hoover, Heather McMahan
An LA girl, unlucky in love, falls for an East Coast guy on a dating app and decides to surprise him for Christmas, only to discover that she’s been catfished. But the object of her affection actually lives in the same town, and the guy who duped her offers to set them up IF she pretends to be his own girlfriend for the holidays.
MALCOLM & MARIE (February 5)
- Director: Sam Levinson
- Writer: Sam Levinson
- Producers: Kevin Turen, Ashley Levinson, Sam Levinson, Zendaya, John David Washington
- Cast: Zendaya, John David Washington
Sam Levinson teams up with Zendaya and John David Washington for an achingly romantic drama in which a filmmaker (Washington) and his girlfriend (Zendaya) return home following a celebratory movie premiere as he awaits what’s sure to be imminent critical and financial success. The evening suddenly takes a turn as revelations about their relationships begin to surface, testing the strength of their love. Working with cinematographer Marcell Rev, Levinson creates a film of rare originality; an ode to the great Hollywood romances as well as a heartfelt expression of faith in the medium’s future.
- Director: Anthony Mandler
- Writers: Radha Blank, Colen C. Wiley, Janece Shaffer
- Producers: Tonya Lewis Lee, Nikki Silver, Aaron L. Gilbert, Mike Jackson, Edward Tyler Nahem
- Cast: Kelvin Harrison Jr., Jennifer Hudson, Jeffrey Wright, Jharrel Jerome, Jennifer Ehle, Rakim Mayers, Nasir ‘Nas’ Jones, Tim Blake Nelson, John David Washington
Monster tells the story of Steve Harmon (Kelvin Harrison, Jr.) a seventeen-year-old honor student whose world comes crashing down around him when he is charged with felony murder. The film follows his dramatic journey from a smart, likeable film student from Harlem attending an elite high school through a complex legal battle that could leave him spending the rest of his life in prison.
MOXIE (MARCH 3)
- Director: Amy Poehler
- Writers: Tamara Chestna, Dylan Meyer, based on Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu
- Producers: Kim Lessing, Amy Poehler, Morgan Sackett
- Cast: Hadley Robinson, Lauren Tsai, Patrick Schwarzenegger, Nico Hiraga, Sydney Park, Josephine Langford, Clark Gregg, Josie Totah, Alycia Pascual-Peña, Anjelika Washington, Charlie Hall, Sabrina Haskett, Ike Barinholtz, Amy Poehler, Marcia Gay Harden
Fed up with the sexist and toxic status quo at her high school, a shy 16-year-old finds inspiration from her mother’s rebellious past and anonymously publishes a zine that sparks a school-wide, coming-of-rage revolution.
- Director: Christian Schwochow
- Writer: Ben Power, based on the book by best-selling author Robert Harris
- Producer: Andrew Eaton
- Cast: Jeremy Irons, George McKay, Jannis Niehwöhner, Sandra Hüller, Liv Lisa Fries, August Diehl
Based on the international bestseller by Robert Harris. It is Autumn 1938 and Europe stands on the brink of war. Adolf Hitler is preparing to invade Czechoslovakia and Neville Chamberlain’s government desperately seeks a peaceful solution. With the pressure building, Hugh Legat, British civil servant, and Paul von Hartmann, German diplomat, travel to Munich for the emergency Conference. As negotiations begin, the two old friends find themselves at the centre of a web of political subterfuge and very real danger. With the whole world watching, can war be averted and, if so, at what cost?
- Director: David Yarovesky
- Writers: Mikki Daughtry, Tobias Iaconis
- Producers: Sam Raimi, Robert Tapert, Mason Novick, Michelle Knudsen
- Cast: Winslow Fegley, Lidya Jewett, Krysten Ritter
When Alex (Winslow Fegley), a boy obsessed with scary stories, is imprisoned by an evil young witch (Krysten Ritter) in her contemporary New York City apartment, he meets Yasmin (Lydia Jewett), who is also trapped there, and learns he must tell a new scary story every night in order to stay alive.
- Director: Adam Randall
- Writer: Brent Dillon
- Producers: Vincent Gatewood, Ben Pugh, Charlie Morrison
- Cast: Jorge Lendeborg Jr., Debby Ryan, Lucy Fry, Raúl Castillo, Alfie Allen
A young chauffeur picks up two mysterious women for a night of party-hopping across LA. But when his passengers reveal their true nature — and a dangerous underworld lurking in the shadows — he must fight to stay alive.
NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE
- Director: Santiago Menghini
- Writers: Jon Croker, Fernanda Coppel, based on the novel of the same name by Adam Nevill
- Producers: Jonathan Cavendish, Will Tennant
- Cast: Cristina Rodlo, Marc Menchaca
Ambar is an immigrant in search of the American dream, but when she’s forced to take a room in a boarding house, she finds herself in a nightmare she can’t escape.
- Director: Alexandre Aja
- Writer: Christie Leblanc
- Producers: Vincent Maraval, Brahim Chioua, Noëmie Devide, Alexandre Aja, Gregory Levasseur
- Cast: Mélanie Laurent, Mathieu Amalric, Malik Zidi
A young woman wakes up in a medical cryo unit. She doesn’t remember who she is or how she ended up sequestered in a box no larger than a coffin. As she’s running out of oxygen, she must rebuild her memory to find a way out of her nightmare.
OUTSIDE THE WIRE (January 15)
- Director: Mikael Håfström
- Writers: Rob Yescombe, Rowan Athale
- Producers: Ben Pugh, Erica Steinberg, Brian Kavanaugh-Jones, Anthony Mackie, Jason Spire
- Cast: Anthony Mackie, Damson Idris, Emily Beecham, Michael Kelly, Pilou Asbæk
Set in the future, Harp (Damson Idris), a drone pilot, is sent into a deadly militarized zone where he finds himself working for Leo (Anthony Mackie), an android officer, tasked to locate a doomsday device before the insurgents do.
PENGUIN BLOOM (January 27)
- Director: Glendyn Ivin
- Writers: Shaun Grant, Harry Cripps based on the book by Cameron Bloom, Bradley Trevor Greive
- Producers: Emma Cooper, Bruna Papandrea, Steve Hutensky, Jodi Matterson, Naomi Watts
- Cast: Naomi Watts, Andrew Lincoln, Jacki Weaver
Penguin Bloom tells the true story of Sam Bloom (Naomi Watts), a young mother whose world is turned upside down after a near-fatal accident leaves her unable to walk. Sam’s husband, (Andrew Lincoln), her three young boys and her mother (Academy Award® nominated Jacki Weaver), are struggling to adjust to their new situation when an unlikely ally enters their world in the form of an injured baby magpie they name Penguin. The bird’s arrival is a welcome distraction for the Bloom family, eventually making a profound difference in the family’s life.
PIECES OF A WOMAN (January 7)
- Director: Kornél Mundruczó
- Writer: Kata Wéber
- Producers: Kevin Turen, Ashley Levinson, Aaron Ryder
- Cast: Vanessa Kirby, Ellen Burstyn, Shia LaBeouf, Molly Parker, Sarah Snook, Iliza Shlesinger, Benny Safdie, Jimmie Fails
When a young mother’s home birth ends in unfathomable tragedy, she begins a year-long odyssey of mourning that fractures relationships with loved ones in this deeply personal story of a woman learning to live alongside her loss.
- Director: Rawson Marshall Thurber
- Writer: Rawson Marshall Thurber
- Producer: Beau Flynn, Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia, Rawson Marshall Thurber
- Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Gal Gadot, Ryan Reynolds
An Interpol-issued Red Notice is a global alert to hunt and capture the world’s most wanted. But when a daring heist brings together the FBI’s top profiler (Johnson) and two rival criminals (Gadot, Reynolds), there’s no telling what will happen.
- Directors: Dan Ojari, Mikey Please
- Writers: Dan Ojari, Mikey Please, Sam Morrison
- Producer: Helen Argo
- Voice Cast: Gillian Anderson, Richard E Grant, Bronte Carmichael, Adeel Akhtar
A stop-motion holiday musical special from Aardman. When her egg fortuitously rolls into a rubbish dump, Robin is raised by a loving family of mice. As she grows up, her differences become more apparent. Robin sets off on the heist to end all heists to prove to her family that she can be a really good mouse – but ends up discovering who she really is.
RISE OF THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: THE MOVIE
- Directors: Ant Ward, Andy Suriano
- Writers: Tony Gama-Lobo, Rebecca May
- Producer: Nickelodeon
- Voice Cast: Ben Schwartz, Omar Benson Miller, Brandon Mychal Smith, Josh Brener, Kat Graham, Eric Bauza, Haley Joel Osment
In Nickelodeon’s Rise of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie, the Ninja Turtles are faced with their greatest challenge yet when a mysterious stranger arrives from the future with a dire warning. Leo is forced to rise and lead his brothers, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey in a fight to save the world from a terrifying alien species…the Krang!
- Director: Manjari Makijany
- Writers: Manjari Makijany, Vinati Makijany
- Producers: Emmanuel Pappas, Vinati Makijany, Manjari Makijany
- Cast: Rachel Saanchita Gupta, Shafin Patel, Amrit Maghera, Waheeda Rehman
Prerna, a teenager growing up in rural India, comes of age when she’s introduced to the sport of skateboarding. As a result, she has to fight the odds to follow her dreams and compete in the national championship.
- Director: Joe Penna
- Writers: Joe Penna, Ryan Morrison
- Producers: Aram Tertzakian, Nick Spicer, Jonas Katzenstein, Maximilian Leo, Ulrich Schwarz
- Cast: Anna Kendrick, Toni Collette, Daniel Dae Kim, Shamier Anderson
On a mission headed to Mars, an unintended stowaway (Anderson) accidentally causes severe damage to the spaceship’s life support systems. Facing dwindling resources and a potentially grim outcome, a medical researcher (Kendrick) emerges as the only dissenting voice against the clinical logic of both her commander (Collette) and the ship’s biologist (Kim).
- Director: Brian Andrew Mendoza
- Writers: Gregg Hurwitz, Philip Eisner, Will Staples
- Producers: Brad Peyton, Jeff Fierson, Jason Momoa, Brian Andrew Mendoza,
- Cast: Jason Momoa, Isabela Merced, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Adria Arjona, Raza Jaffrey, Justin Bartha, Lex Scott Davis, Michael Raymond-James, Dominic Fumusa, Nelson Franklin, Reggie Lee, Brian Howe
A devastated husband vows to bring justice to the people responsible for his wife’s death while protecting the only family he has left, his daughter.
THE DIG (January 29)
- Director: Simon Stone
- Writer: Moira Buffini, based on the novel by John Preston
- Producers: Gabrielle Tana, Ellie Wood, Murray Ferguson, Carolyn Marks Blackwood
- Cast: Carey Mulligan, Ralph Fiennes, Lily James, Johnny Flynn, Ben Chaplin, Ken Stott, Archie Barnes, Monica Dolan
As WWII looms, a wealthy widow (Carey Mulligan) hires an amateur archaeologist (Ralph Fiennes) to excavate the burial mounds on her estate. When they make a historic discovery, the echoes of Britain’s past are illuminated in the face of its uncertain future.
- Director: Antoine Fuqua
- Writer: Nic Pizzolatto
- Producers: Jake Gyllenhaal, Riva Marker, Antoine Fuqua, Kat Samick, Scott Greenberg, Michel Litvak, Gary Michael Walters, David Litvak, Svetlana Metkina, David Haring
- Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal, Peter Sarsgaard, Riley Keough, Byron Bowers, Da’Vine Joy Randolph, David Castañeda, Christina Vidal, Paul Dano, Ethan Hawke, Adrian Martinez, Bill Burr, Beau Knapp, Edi Patterson
The film takes place over the course of a single morning in a 911 dispatch call center. Call operator Joe Bayler (Gyllenhaal) tries to save a caller in grave danger—but he soon discovers that nothing is as it seems, and facing the truth is the only way out.
THE HAND OF GOD
- Director: Paolo Sorrentino
- Writer: Paolo Sorrentino
- Producers: Lorenzo Mieli, Paolo Sorrentino
The logline is being kept under wraps but Paolo Sorrentino says: “The Hand of God represents for the first time in my career an intimate and personal film, a novel of formation at once light-hearted and painful.”
THE HARDER THEY FALL
- Director: Jeymes Samuel
- Writers: Jeymes Samuel, Boaz Yakin
- Producers: Jay-Z, James Lassiter, Lawrence Bender, Jeymes Samuel
- Cast: Jonathan Majors, Zazie Beetz, Delroy Lindo, Lakeith Stanfield, Danielle Deadwyler, Edi Gathegi, RJ Cyler, Regina King, Idris Elba
In this Western, outlaw Nat Love (Jonathan Majors) discovers that his enemy, Rufus Buck (Idris Elba), is being released from prison, so he reunites his gang to track Rufus down and seek revenge.
THE KISSING BOOTH 3
- Director: Vince Marcello
- Writers: Vince Marcello, Jay Arnold
- Producers: Vince Marcello, Michele Weisler, Ed Glauser, Andrew Cole-Bulgi
- Cast: Joey King, Joel Courtney, Jacob Elordi, Taylor Zakhar Perez, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Meganne Young, Molly Ringwald
It’s the summer before Elle heads to college, and she has a secret: She got into both Harvard, where her dreamy boyfriend Noah goes, and Berkeley, where her BFF Lee is going. Which path will Elle choose?
THE LAST LETTER FROM YOUR LOVER
- Director: Augustine Frizzell
- Writers: Nick Payne, Esta Spalding, based onThe Last Letter From Your Lover by Jojo Moyes
- Producers: Pete Czernin, Graham Broadbent, Simone Urdl, Jennifer Weiss
- Cast: Felicity Jones, Shailene Woodley, Callum Turner, Nabhaan Rizwan, Joe Alwyn, Ncuti Gatwa
A pair of interwoven stories set in the present and past, THE LAST LETTER FROM YOUR LOVER follows Ellie Haworth (Felicity Jones), an ambitious journalist who discovers a trove of secret love letters from 1965 and becomes determined to solve the mystery of the forbidden affair at their center. As she uncovers the story behind Jennifer Stirling (Shailene Woodley), the wife of a wealthy industrialist, and Anthony O’Hare (Callum Turner) the financial journalist assigned to cover him, a love story of Ellie’s own begins to unfold with the assistance of an earnest and endearing archivist (Nabhaan Rizwan) who helps her track down more letters. Based on the novel by JoJo Moyes and directed by Augustine Frizzell.
THE LAST MERCENARY
- Director: David Charhon
- Writers: David Charhon, Ismaël Sy Savané
- Producers: Jean-Charles Levy, Nicolas Manuel, Olivier Albou, Laurence Schonberg, David Charhon, Jakéma Charhon, Eponine Maillet, Olias Barco, Vlad Riashyn
- Cast: Jean-Claude van Damme, Alban Ivanov, Assa Sylla, Samir Decazza, Patrick Timsit, Eric Judor, Miou-Miou
A mysterious former secret service agent must urgently return to France when his estranged son is falsely accused of arms and drug trafficking by the government, following a blunder by an overzealous bureaucrat and a mafia operation.
THE LOUD HOUSE MOVIE
- Director: Dave Needham
- Writers: Kevin Sullivan, Chris Viscardi
- Producers: Nickelodeon
- Voice Cast: Asher Bishop, Michelle Gomez, David Tennant, Grey Griffin, Jill Talley, Brian Stepanek, Jessica DiCicco, Liliana Mumy, Cristina Pucelli, Nika Futterman, Lara Jill Miller, Andre Robinson, Cat Taber, Katy Townsend, Carlos PenaVega, Izabella Alvarez
In Nickelodeon’s The Loud House Movie, the biggest family on television goes on the biggest Loud family vacation ever! The adventure follows the Loud family to Scotland where they discover that they are descendants of Scottish royalty. The family quickly indulges in the most wish-fulfilling high-life ever when they discover their ancestral home is a castle.
THE POWER OF THE DOG
- Director: Jane Campion
- Writer: Jane Campion, adapted from the Thomas Savage 1967 novel of the same name
- Producers: Emile Sherman, Iain Canning, Roger Frappier, Jane Campion, TanyaSeghatchian
- Cast: Benedict Cumberbatch, Kirsten Dunst, Jesse Plemons, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Thomasin McKenzie, Frances Conroy, Keith Carradine, Peter Carroll, Adam Beach
Wealthy Montana brothers Phil (Cumberbatch) and George Burbank (Plemons) are two sides of one coin. Phil is graceful, brilliant and cruel where George is stolid, fastidious and gentle. Together they are joint owners of the biggest ranch in the Montana valley. It is a place where men are still men, the rapidly modernizing 20th century is kept at bay and where the figure of Bronco Henry, the greatest cowboy Phil ever knew, is revered. When George secretly marries local widow Rose (Dunst), a shocked and angry Phil wages a sadistic, relentless war to destroy her entirely using her effeminate son Peter as a pawn.
THE PRINCESS SWITCH 3
- Director: Mike Rohl
- Writer: Robin Bernheim Burger, based on characters created by Robin Bernheim Burger & Megan Metzer
- Producer: Brad Krevoy
- Cast: Vanessa Hudgens
When a priceless relic is stolen, Queen Margaret and Princess Stacy enlist the help of Margaret’s audacious look-alike cousin Fiona who teams with a dashing, mysterious man from her past to retrieve it… rekindling the sparks of a tantalizing Christmas romance and resulting in a very unexpected switch.
THERE’S SOMEONE INSIDE YOUR HOUSE
- Director: Patrick Brice
- Writer: Henry Gayden
- Producers: Shawn Levy, Dan Cohen, James Wan, Michael Clear
- Cast: Sydney Park, Théodore Pellerin, Asjha Cooper, Dale Whibley, Jesse LaTourette, Diego Josef, Burkely Duffield, Sarah Dugdale, William MacDonald, Andrew Dunbar, Markian Tarasuik
Makani Young has moved from Hawaii to quiet, small-town Nebraska to live with her grandmother and finish high school, but as the countdown to graduation begins, her classmates are stalked by a killer intent on exposing their darkest secrets to the entire town, terrorizing victims while wearing a life-like mask of their own face. With a mysterious past of her own, Makani and her friends must discover the killer’s identity before they become victims themselves. THERE’S SOMEONE INSIDE YOUR HOUSE is based on Stephanie Perkins’ New York Times best-selling novel of the same name and written for the screen by Henry Gayden (Shazam!), directed by Patrick Brice (Creep) and produced by James Wan’s Atomic Monster (The Conjuring) and Shawn Levy’s 21 Laps (Stranger Things).
- Director: Theodore Melfi
- Writer: Matt Harris
- Producers: Dylan Sellers, Chris Parker, Theodore Melfi, Kimberly Quinn
- Cast: Melissa McCarthy, Chris O’Dowd, Kevin Kline, Timothy Olyphant, Daveed Diggs, Skyler Gisondo, Loretta Devine, Laura Harrier, Rosalind Chao, Kimberly Quinn
In the heartwarming dramady THE STARLING, after a married couple suffers a hardship, Jack heads off to deal with grief while Lilly remains in the “real” world, dealing with her own guilt and a crippling internal struggle to live with a dark secret. As if Lilly’s troubles weren’t bad enough, a starling bird that has nested in her backyard begins to harass and attack her. This starling comes to represent all of Lilly’s problems, and she becomes comically obsessed with killing it. Lilly eventually finds guidance from Larry, a quirky psychologist-turned veterinarian with a troubled past of his own. The two form a unique and unlikely friendship as both help the other to explore, acknowledge and confront their problems.
- Director: Just Philippot
- Writers: Jérôme Genevray, Franck Victor
- Cast: Suliane Brahim, Nathalie Boyer, Sofian Khammes, Victor Bonnel, Raphael Romand, Marie Narbonne
Virginie lives on a farm with her children Laura (15) and Gaston (7) and raises locusts as a high-protein crop. Life is hard: money worries and practical problems are piling up, tensions with her kids and neighbors are running high. But everything changes when she discovers the locusts have a taste for blood.
THE WHITE TIGER (January 22)
- Director: Ramin Bahrani
- Writer: Ramin Bahrani, based on the Man Booker prize-winning novel by Aravind Adiga
- Producers: Mukul Deora, Ramin Bahrani
- Cast: Adarsh Gourav, Rajkummar Rao, Priyanka Chopra Jonas
Balram Halwai (Adarsh Gourav) narrates his epic and darkly humorous rise from poor villager to successful entrepreneur in modern India. Cunning and ambitious, our young hero jockeys his way into becoming a driver for Ashok (Rajkummar Rao) and Pinky (Priyanka Chopra-Jonas), who have just returned from America. Society has trained Balram to be one thing — a servant — so he makes himself indispensable to his rich masters. But after a night of betrayal, he realizes the corrupt lengths they will go to trap him and save themselves. On the verge of losing everything, Balram rebels against a rigged and unequal system to rise up and become a new kind of master. Based on the New York Times bestseller and 2008 Man Booker Prize-winning novel.
THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW
- Director: Joe Wright
- Writer: Tracy Letts, based on the novel by A.J. Finn
- Producers: Scott Rudin, Eli Bush, Anthony Katagas
- Cast: Amy Adams, Gary Oldman, Anthony Mackie, Fred Hechinger, Wyatt Russell, Brian Tyree Henry, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Julianne Moore
An agoraphobic woman living alone in New York begins spying on her new neighbors, only to witness a disturbing act of violence.
THINGS HEARD AND SEEN
- Directors: Robert Pulcini and Shari Springer Berman
- Writers: Robert Pulcini and Shari Springer Berman, based on the book “All Things Cease to Appear” by Elizabeth Brundage
- Producers: Anthony Bregman, Stephanie Azpiazu, Peter Cron, Julie Cohen
- Cast: Amanda Seyfried, James Norton, Natalia Dyer, Rhea Seehorn, Alex Neustaedter, F. Murray Abraham
A Manhattan couple moves to a historic hamlet in the Hudson Valley and come to discover that their marriage has a sinister darkness, one that rivals their new home’s history. Based on the acclaimed novel by Elizabeth Brundange.
- Director: Ben Falcone
- Writer: Ben Falcone
- Producers: Marc Platt, Adam Siegel, Ben Falcone, Melissa McCarthy
- Cast: Melissa McCarthy, Octavia Spencer, Bobby Cannavale, Pom Klementieff, Kevin Dunn, Melissa Leo, Jason Bateman
In a world where supervillains are commonplace, two estranged childhood best friends reunite after one devises a treatment that gives them powers to protect their city.
- Director: Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Writer: Steven Levenson
- Producers: Brian Grazer, Ron Howard, Julie Oh, Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Cast: Andrew Garfield, Alexandra Shipp, Robin de Jesus, Vanessa Hudgens, Joshua Henry, Bradley Whitford, Judith Light
Set in 1990, tick, tick…BOOM! tells the story of Jon, an aspiring theater composer who is waiting tables in New York City while writing Superbia – which he hopes will be the next great American musical and finally give him his big break. Jon is also feeling pressure from his girlfriend Susan, who is tired of continuing to put her life on hold for Jon’s career aspirations. Meanwhile, his best friend and roommate Michael, has given up on his creative aspirations for a high paying advertising job on Madison Avenue and is about to move out. As Jon approaches his 30th birthday, he is overcome with anxiety – wondering if his dream is worth the cost.
TO ALL THE BOYS: ALWAYS AND FOREVER
- Director: Michael Fimognari
- Writer: Katie Lovejoy, based on the novel by Jenny Han
- Producer: Matt Kaplan
- Cast: Lana Condor, Noah Centineo, Janel Parrish, Anna Cathcart, Ross Butler, Madeleine Arthur, Sarayu Blue, John Corbett
As Lara Jean Covey prepares for the end of high school and the start of adulthood, a pair of life-changing trips leads her to reimagine what life with her family, friends, and Peter will look like after graduation.
TROLLHUNTERS: RISE OF THE TITANS
- Directors: Johane Matte, Francisco Ruiz Velasco, Andrew L. Schmidt
- Writers: Marc Guggenheim, Dan Hageman, Kevin Hageman
- Producers: Guillermo del Toro, Marc Guggenheim, Chad Hammes, Dan Hageman, Kevin Hageman
- Voice Cast: Emile Hirsch, Lexi Medrano, Charlie Saxton, Kelsey Grammer, Alfred Molina, Steven Yeun, Nick Frost, Colin O’Donoghue, Diego Luna, Tatiana Maslany, Cole Sand, Nick Offerman, Fred Tatasciore, Brian Blessed, Kay Bess, Piotr Michael, James Hong, Tom Kenny, Angel Lin, Amy Landecker, Jonathan Hyde, Bebe Wood, Laraine Newman, Grey Griffin, Cheryl Hines
In Dreamworks’ Trollhhunters: Rise of the Titans, Arcadia may look like an ordinary town but it lies at the center of magical and mystical lines that makes it a nexus for many battles among otherworldly creatures including trolls, aliens and wizards. Now the heroes from the hit series Trollhunters, 3Below and Wizards, team-up in their most epic adventure yet where they must fight the Arcane Order for control over the magic that binds them all.
UNTITLED ALEXANDRE MORATTO FILM
- Director: Alexandre Moratto
- Writers: Alexandre Moratto, Thayná Mantesso
- Producers: Ramin Bahrani, Fernando Meirelles
- Cast: Christian Malheiros, Rodrigo Santoro
To provide a better life for his family in the country, 18-year-old Mateus accepts a job in a junkyard in São Paulo for his new boss Luca. But when he and a few other boys become trapped in the dangerous world of contemporary slavery, Mateus will be forced to decide between working for the very man who enslaved him or risk his and his family’s future.
UNTITLED GRAHAM KING
- Director: Nora Fingscheidt
- Writer: Christopher McQuarrie
- Producers: Graham King, Sandra Bullock, Veronica Ferres
- Cast: Sandra Bullock, Viola Davis, Rob Morgan, Aisling Franciosi
Released from prison after serving a sentence for a violent crime, Ruth Slater (Bullock) re-enters a society that refuses to forgive her past. Facing severe judgment from the place she once called home, her only hope for redemption is finding the estranged younger sister she was forced to leave behind.
UNTITLED ROMANTIC COMEDY PRODUCED BY ALICIA KEYS
- Director: Steven Tsuchida
- Writers: Dana Schmalenberg, Rheeqrheeq Chainey
- Producers: Alicia Keys, Maggie Malina, Jeremy Kipp Walker
- Cast: Christina Milian, Jay Pharoah, Sinqua Walls, Christiani Pitts, Karen Obliom, Alexander Hodge, TJ Power, Sylvaine Strike, Jeryl Prescott, Tymberlee Hill
A romantic comedy about aspiring pop star Erica who ends up as the entertainment at her ex-fiancé’s wedding after reluctantly taking a gig at a luxurious island resort while in the wake of a music career meltdown. She tries to keep their past relationship a secret from his bride-to-be Beverly, but Erica rediscovers her feelings for her ex, Jason, despite his brother Caleb’s attempts to keep them from falling back in love. In this warm and funny romantic story that explores the bonds of love and family, the question soon becomes will Erica sing at Beverly’s wedding – or her own?
- Director: Chris Appelhans
- Writer: Chris Appelhans
- Producers: Aron Warner, Chris Bremble, Jackie Chan
- Voice Cast: John Cho, Natasha Liu Bordizzo, Jimmy Wong, Constance Wu, Will Yun Lee, Jimmy O’Yang, Aaron Yoo, Bobby Lee, Ronnie Chieng
In Sony Pictures Animation’s Wish Dragon, Din, a working-class college student with big dreams but small means, and Long, a cynical but all-powerful dragon capable of granting wishes, set off on a hilarious adventure through modern day Shanghai in pursuit of Din’s long-lost childhood friend, Lina. Their journey forces them to answer some of life’s biggest questions – because when you can wish for anything, you have to decide what really matters.
- Director: Miguel Arteta
- Writers: Justin Malen, based on the book by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- Producers: Lawrence Grey, Ben Everard, Daniel Rappaport, Nicole King Sokala, Jennifer Garner
- Cast: Jennifer Garner, Edgar Ramirez, Jenna Ortega, Julian Lerner, Everly Carganilla, Nat Faxon, Molly Sims, Fortune Feimster, Arturo Castro
Always feeling like they have to say NO to their kids and co-workers, Allison and Carlos decide to give their three kids a YES DAY — where for 24 hours the kids make the rules. Little did they know that they’d be going on a whirlwind adventure around Los Angeles, that would bring the family closer to each other than ever before.