The Beverly Hills Cop trilogy, starring Eddie Murphy, is now available on Digital in 4K Ultra HD alongside a new 3-Movie Blu-Ray Collection.
The new collection, released today on Blu-ray, features never-before-seen deleted scenes. The remastered films arrived on Digital. If you’re an Eddie Murphy fan, the collection is certainly worth it. After Monday morning’s sour news, perhaps seeing the comedian in his prime could bring a smile to your face. With a forth film having been already announced, the collection will be probably great to have on hand.
The remastered collection comes one year after the film’s 35th anniversary. Murphy beat out another comedy led by SNL alumni in the Columbia Pictures release, Ghostbusters. As far as the film’s legacy is concerned, it sits comfortably at #63 on the AFI 100 Years, 100 Laughs list. The film also receieved an Oscar nomination for Best Original Screenplay. The film’s score would go on to take home a Grammy award. Meanwhile, the first sequel would see “Shakedown” nominated for Best Song.
Eddie Murphy stars as Axel Foley in the action-comedy. The Detroit-based cop suddenly finds himself in Beverly Hills where he tracks down his best friend’s killer. The laughs are plenty as Foley seeks to pursue justice.
The Blu-ray boasts new special features, including:
- Two never-before-seen deleted scenes
- Four new behind-the-scenes featurettes incorporating vintage 1984 interviews
- An isolated audio track of the original score by Harold Faltermeyer
- “BHC Mixtape ‘84”, which allows viewers to go directly to the scenes featuring the hit songs “The Heat Is On,” “Neutron Dance,” “New Attitude,” “Stir It Up,” “Do You Really,” and “Nasty Girl.”
The Blu-ray also includes the following previously released special features:
- Commentary by director Martin Brest
- Beverly Hills Cop—The Phenomenon Begins
- A Glimpse Inside the Casting Process
- The Music of Beverly Hills Cop
- Location Map
- Theatrical Trailer
In Beverly Hills Cop II, Eddie Murphy returns as Axel goes deep undercover to investigate a gang of international munitions smugglers and in Beverly Hills Cop III, Axel investigates a counterfeit money ring, run out of a theme park in Los Angeles.