Sleeping Beauty becomes the 11th Walt Disney Animation Studios title to officially join to the Walt Disney Signature Collection.
This film is the last fairy tale that Walt Disney would produce during his lifetime. I’ll have a full review forthcoming but for the meantime, here is what you can expect on the Blu-ray or Digital release. The Signature Collection edition comes ahead of the Disney+ launch in November in addition to the live-action Maleficent sequel. The release also marks the film’s 50th anniversary this past January.
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY & DIGITAL: *
- In Walt’s Words: ”Sleeping Beauty” – Through archival recordings and imagery, Walt Disney talks about the making of “Sleeping Beauty” and its effect on the studio.
- Fun Facts Behind “Sleeping Beauty” – Learn some fun facts about the film.
- Stories From Walt’s Office: Designing the Studio – In this latest episode, we explore the unique Kem Weber designs that are found in everything from the buildings to the furniture.
Revisit over 20 exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- Deleted Scenes
- Picture Perfect: The Making of “Sleeping Beauty” – Explore behind-the-scenes magic that transformed a beloved fairy tale into a cinematic work of art.
- The Art of Evil: Generations of Disney Villains – Disney animator Andreas Deja and Lino Di Salvo explore the qualitites that make a Disney villain so memorable.
DIRECTORS: Les Clark, Eric Larson, and Wolfgang Reitherman
SCREENWRITER: Erdman Penner
CAST: Mary Costa, Eleanor Audley, Verna Felton, Barbara Luddy, Barbara Jo Allen, Bill Shirley, Taylor Holmes, and Bill Thompson