Disney’s Aladdin arrives today on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray as the newest animated film to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection.
With its home release today, the film becomes the tenth installment of the Walt Disney Signature Collection, joining both The Little Mermaid and Cinderella this year. The collection, which started in February 2016, replaces the previous Diamond and Platinum Editions. The films were either created or inspired by the legacy of Walt Disney. Whether we first saw them when they were first released or during a later re-release, the films are beloved by generations of movie goers.
Upon its theatrical release in 1992, the film would feature hit songs written by Alan Menken and the late Howard Ashman. Among them are “A Whole New World, “Friend Like Me,” and “Prince Ali,” Menken would take home the Oscar for Best Original Score while the duo won Best Song for “A Whole New World.”
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY & DIGITAL:
- Sing Along With the Movie – Sing along to your favorite tunes as you watch the film. With magical on-screen lyrics.
- Aladdin on Aladdin – Join the speaking voice of Aladdin, Scott Weinger (“Fuller House”), as he reflects on almost 30 years of being Aladdin.
- Let’s Not Be Too Hasty”: The Voices of “Aladdin – Take your seat in the recording booth and watch as the voice actors of “Aladdin” work their microphone magic.
- Alternate Endings – Enter the realm of “what if” and see just how differently the movie could have ended.
- Drawing Genie – Join prolific animator Eric Goldberg as he draws and reminisces about the Genie.
Revisit over 40 exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- The Genie Outtakes
- Aladdin: Creating Broadway Magic
- Unboxing Aladdin
DIRECTORS: Ron Clements and John Musker
SCREENWRITERS: Ron Clements & John Musker and Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio
CAST: Scott Weinger, Robin Williams, Linda Larkin, Jonathan Freeman, Frank Welker, Gilbert Gottfried and Douglas Seale